Youth Risk Behavior Survey
Beginning in October 2017, Arlington moved away from administering a separate Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) tool and partnered with the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) to administer the state survey tool. Much of the core survey content remains the same, but this undertaking has allowed us to reduce duplication and survey fatigue, and align with state and national trend data.
In the fall, this anonymous, voluntary survey was administered to students in 6th-12th grade in randomly selected classes across Arlington Public Schools (APS).
Fall 2019 Results
- Methodology Report
- High School Summary
- High School Trend Report
- Middle School Summary
- Middle School Trend Report
State, Regional and National Results
- Virginia High School Summary
- Virginia Middle School Summary
- Northern Region High School Summary (coming soon)
- United States High School Summary (coming soon)
- United States Middle School Summary (coming soon)
The Partnership would love to share these results and facilitate a conversation with you and your group. Contact Partnership Coordinator Kim Durand or Data Specialist Rebecca Hjelm to set up a presentation.
Here are some sample questions to consider when reading through and discussing the YRBS results.
- Is this data reflective of what I/we see in our community?
- What stands out, both the positives and negatives?
- What factors within the Arlington community do I/we think contribute to these results?
- What can I/we do about it? What would you like to see APCYF/Arlington Public Schools/Arlington County Government do about it?