Youth Risk Behavior Survey
Arlington County has been conducting the Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) since 2001. It is an anonymous, voluntary survey administered to students in grades 6, 8, 10 and 12 in randomly selected classes in all Arlington Public School (APS) middle and high schools. The survey helps to inform the community about the important factors impacting the wellbeing of youth and families in our community.
Arlington uses standard Center for Disease Control (CDC) questions whenever possible. Additionally, each year community stakeholders have the opportunity to request the addition of certain questions.
The survey focus areas include:
- personal safety
- use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs (ATOD)
- bullying, aggression, and violence
- teen dating abuse
- mental health, such as stress, suicide, and depression
- sexual health (8th, 10th, and 12thgrade only)
- nutrition and physical activity
Additional information about the survey can be found online at: https://apcyf.arlingtonva.us/youth-risk-behavior-survey/