Listing here does not imply endorsement.
If you attended Our Kids, Our Community & Developmental Assets training program, we have a list of resources
- Arlington Public Schools – Both the School and County Boards have officially adopted the Assets framework to guide their planning activities.
- Crisis Assistance Services – 703-228-1300
- Arlington Parks and Recreation
- Foster Care in Arlington
- Arlington Employment Center
- Other DHS economic aid services
- Project Family/Proyecta Familia
- Volunteer Arlington
Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN) of Northern Virginia is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote the well-being of children, improve parent-child relations and prevent child abuse and neglect
Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) from CDC
CommonHelp is the central, easy way to apply for and get help with assistance in Arlington and Virginia. See if you can get help with food, child care, energy, medical and cash assistance.
HHS Office of Adolescent Health – Latest information on mental health, substance abuse and healthy relationships.
- HHS Adolescent Health Topics/Substance Abuse/VA
- Family Communication tips: HHS info for parents/Other Conversations
One Love Foundation is a voice against Relationship Violence (RV) in the United States. They have a free app to assess relationship violence potential!
Good and Ready – Resilient Response – A Neighborhood/Community Readiness and Response Exercise Series
National Youth Development Information Center – Has interesting youth-produced materials as well as several blogs and newsletters.