A Week of Sharing Wisdom
November 11-19, 2017
Inviting parents* to talk with other parents about parenting.
What is your group interested in talking about? Feel free to use this list or come up with your own. Visit this page to see a format with 5 rounds of questions. You can also download these Topics as a printable pdf.
A loose format is still helpful:
- opening the topic for discussion
- share successes, concerns, issues
- discuss strategies and solutions; or any questions you have too!
Choose 1-3 topics from the list below, or come up with your own
- Parent/child communication
- Getting them to listen to us
- Getting us to listen to them
- Following directions (or not following)
- Rules / Discipline / Consequences
- Temper tantrums/moods
- Developmental stages (what to expect at their age)
- Managing HW and studies
- Housework, chores, and contributing at home
- Allowance and financial management
- Extra-curricular activities (Too much? Too little?)
- Social media/phone/texting
- Alcohol use
- Drugs (Opioids, Over the Counter, Prescription Drugs, Marijuana)