A Week of Sharing Wisdom
November 11-19, 2017
Inviting parents* to talk with other parents about parenting.
ROUNDS OF QUESTIONS
These are suggested questions to help get conversation started, and flowing, in your Chat. Feel free to use these, add different questions, or skip some. Click here for suggested topics. You can also have the Rounds of Questions in pdf.
Round One: Getting Started / Why Are We Here?
What interested you or drew you to this conversation?
Round Two: Core Values.
Answer the main question; use prompts to help you:
What are the hopes and dreams you have for your child(ren)?
- What sort of person do you want them to become?
- What will they be doing when they are adults?
- How will they live their lives?
Round Three: What has been your experience with parenting?
Answer one or more of the following questions to help guide the conversation:
- What was your upbringing like? What was your relationship with the people who raised you?
- What relationship do you want with your children? How does it differ from that which you had with your parents?
- What are you struggling with as a parent?
- If there is one thing you could pass on to your children, what is it?
- How can we support one another?
- What else would you like to say about parenting?
Round Four: Reflection
Answer one or more of the following questions:
- In one sentence, share what was most meaningful or valuable to you in this Chat.
- What learning or new understanding did you find around parenting?
Round Five: Accomplishment and Next Steps
Answer both of the following questions:
- What is an action or next step that you would like to take based upon the conversation?
- How can you support one another?