6:00 pm-8:00 pm
Stambaugh Human Services Center/2100 Washington Blvd. (Sequoia 1)
Conference Room D (lower level)
The Arlington Partnership for Children, Youth and Families meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month unless otherwise indicated.
Hello APCYF Members –
I have two things for you today:
1) Our meeting reminder – October 24th 5:30 – 8:30* in Sequoia 1 Auditorium SEE HOMEWORK BELOW
2) Virtual Town Hall Meeting – Anne O’Brien attended the Budget Town Hall in person on October 17th. It was recorded from Facebook Live. I recommend watching it and reading the comments to get a feel for budget conversations that are beginning now. We will be discussing these in upcoming meetings as we begin to develop our advocacy efforts.
Our next meeting is on Wednesday, October 24th in Sequoia Auditorium. The focus of the meeting will be solely on Your Voice Matters data.
HOMEWORK: It is very important that you spend some time PRIOR to the meeting familiarizing yourself with the data tool and the information that is available to us.
* MEETING TIME NOTE: I will have the room set-up and ready to go at 5:30 for anyone who would like to go over the tool ahead of time. We’re also anticipating that the discussion may go past 8:00 for those that can stay longer. For that reason, this meeting time may span from 5:30 – 8:30pm.
Welcome & Introductions
Your Voice Matters Data – LINK TO THE DATA
- Table Discussions – each table will focus on one of the main topic areas for 30 minutes, then move to a different table for an additional 30 minutes:
- Safety (School and Community Climate)
- Health and Wellbeing
- Support for Students and Families (External Supports and Structures)
- Student and Family Engagement (Challenged, Involved and Connected)
- Voice (Feeling Valued, Supported and Heard)
- Report Out of 1-2 concerns from each of the topic areas
- What additional information do we need?
- What are some suggestions for next steps?
- Share & Discuss the Panorama 2018 Insights Report
- Which are similar to items we’ve discussed?
- What would we share or highlight?
- What’s Next – What will you do?
- Attend a follow-up meeting for further discussion: November 13 and/or December 5 6:00 – 8:00 both in Seq 3 Room 112.
- Share with your networks
- Invite them to attend our meetings – or –
- Encourage them to set up a meeting in their community
- Write up talking point to share with School and/or County Board members
- Think about this information in relationship to the Community Report
- After looking at this data, what do you think is important for us to include in the Community Report?
- Help develop a Communication Plan for the Community Report and the Community Engagement Plan (CEP) and how it ties into YVM, YRBS and other data.
If you have any announcement fliers or information you can share electronically, please send them to Kim prior to the meeting.
Thank you – have a great day.
This event is part of a series.