The Arlington Partnership for Children, Youth and Families (APCYF) invites you to celebrate and congratulate the 2018 Kids Champions.
Join us on Thursday, May 10 from 7:00pm-8:30pm in the Auditorium of the Department of Human Services building (Sequoia 1, 2100 Washington Boulevard, Lower Level) to celebrate the 5 individuals and 2 teams that were selected as 2018 Champions.
Since 2004, APCYF has recognized 114 individuals and teams as Connect With Kids Champions – people who go above and beyond in creating supportive, caring relationship with young people.
This year, the Partnership created a new award: Do For Kids Champion, to recognize people who work behind the scenes to support or create opportunities for youth and children.
Who are we celebrating?
The 2018 Do For Kids Champions are:
- Susan Parker, Arlington Unitarian Cooperative Preschool
- Potomac Valley Track Club
- Teen Clinic, Arlington DHS
The 2018 Connect With Kids Champions are:
- Jureen Benjamin, Kenmore Middle School
- Lisa Cosgrove-Davies, Arlington Libraries
- Susan Keady, Encore Stage & Studio
- Elsa Vasquez-Flores, Aspire! Afterschool Program
Please RSVP today if you wish to join us to celebrate these wonderful people. And may they inspire all of us to be a Champion to youth!
If you have questions about the event, the Champions, or supporting young people, please contact Michael Swisher.