Did you receive a letter indicating that your child was selected to take the Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS)?
- Why was my child selected?
- An outside contractor works with Arlington Public Schools to identify classes to take the survey. Your child is in a class with other students who will all take the same survey on the same day. The survey is anonymous and can not be traced back to your child.
- Will my child miss valuable class time?
- APS and the teachers plan in advance for these surveys. All students in grades 6, 8, 10 and 12 take either the YRBS or a Site Based Survey, so your child is not missing any additional time from class.
- Who created the survey?
- The YRBS is a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) survey instrument that has been used across the country since 1990. Additional information can be found on the CDC YRBS OVERVIEW.
Additional answers may be found HERE.
If you have additional questions, please contact Kim Durand email@example.com