Arlingtonteens.com, a project of APCYF, is created by a team of Arlington teen interns and a staff member to provide a safe place for teens to get information, express themselves, and connect.
At the 1998 Arlington Teen Summit, participants asked the Partnership for information about the common teen risk behaviors, support services for teens in crisis and positive activities available to them, and for a teen calendar. The result was what has now evolved into Arlingtonteens.com.
Visit the site to:
- Read news and opinions written by Arlington teens
- Search for jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities
- Discover things to do
- Get the scoop from teens who write reviews on the latest games, movies, CDs and books
- Access health info, hotlines and support services
- Turn your career goals into a reality
- Find links to teen-friendly sites that discuss your physical and mental wellness
- Submit your creative works to share with the world
For more information, please contact Sally LaBonte at email@example.com.
The Teen Network Board is a group of teens who meet twice each month to ensure youth voice is part of the Arlington community and to develop solutions to teen-defined community issues.
The teens identify 3-4 issues that they want to tackle each year. This year, the issue areas are:
- Communications – Focuses on spreading the word about TNB, their work and Arlingtonteens.com
- Drugs and Alcohol – Works on ways can teens work with their peers to reduce drinking and the use of drugs
- Internships, Community Service and Employment (ICE) – Teens have a lot of decisions about what they would like to do after they graduate from high school. ICE works to make this process easier and find resources are available in the community.
- Positive Peer Relations – Works to create a positive social atmosphere for Arlington’s youth. Many youth are active in in Best Buddies and other programs. This group wants to eradicate bullying and the impact that has on their peers’ health and happiness.
Please visit www.arlingtonteens.com/service/Teen_Network_Board for more information about TNB or to submit an application in the spring for the following school year.